Have some splashing fun at Universal Studios Singapore’s Soak Out Water Party with the Minions, Penguins of Madagascar, Sesame Street friends and the Woodpecker couple – this event runs from 13th June to 10th August 2016.
There is also a Soak Out After Party with DJ Inquisitive and the band Good Karma on selected dates (more details can be found at the bottom of this post).
The window displays at the Hollywood zone have been changed to fit the tropical beach holiday theme.
You can find the Lagoon stage at the end of Hollywood Boulevard, which is the venue for the Soak Out event.
There are two Super Cannons on the stage and this is one of them:
Party goers can stand anywhere around the stage as the celebrations take place all around the stage area (i.e. in a 360 degree radius)! This is the view from the back:
Other decorations with a tropical feel…
…and these are actually the refilling spots for your water guns!
Some Ground Rules if you are turning up for the Soak Out Water Party:
- All guests entering Universal Studios Singapore must hold a valid admission ticket.
- Guests can only use water guns sold at Universal Studios Singapore.
- Guests can only use the water guns at the splash zone near the Lagoon Stage in the Hollywood zone.
- Guests shall be allowed to continue playing with water guns within the boundaries of the Lagoon Stage in the Hollywood zone for a maximum of 30 minutes after the end of each Soak Out Water Party. The following timeslots shall apply:
- Extended water play time after Soak Out Water Party on Sundays to Fridays: 3:30pm to 4:00pm
- Extended water play time after Soak Out Water Party on Saturdays: 6:00pm to 6:30pm
- Guests shall not engage in water play at any other zones in Universal Studios Singapore.
- Guests are not allowed to engage in water play after the Soak Out Water Party and at any other zones in Universal Studios Singapore.
- Guests must wear proper attire at all times.
Now for the actual party!…
Before the party could kick off, there were reminders from the park’s crew that “you will get wet and possibly soaked!”
There are some dry zones at both Hollywood and New York (check with the crew on duty for their exact locations) and I decided to park myself next to this signboard, so that I could duck for cover if a stray stream of water came heading my way! LOL!
The Emcee was working out the crowd.
Two “floats” arrived and were parked at the two opposite ends of the stage. This is one of them:
Various characters then appeared for the different dance segments.
Sesame Street friends:
Woody Woodpecker and Winnie Woodpecker:
Penguins of Madagascar:
Here’s a little flavour of what you can expect to see there:
Super cannons in action!!
The Soak Out Water Party somehow reminded me of all the previous years’ New Year Eve countdown parties at the park, with character appearances and loud music, except that this is now held during the day and with an additional water component. Personally, it’s not really my cup of tea (sorry!) and I’ve probably long outgrown attending dance parties. In Singapore’s hot and humid weather, it’s a good opportunity for you to get wet and cool off from the heat (i.e. if you don’t mind getting soaked). On another note, I would have preferred if the park had organised a special parade with different floats for the event, similar to what the Disney parks do for their summer events.
Soak Out Water Party
Dates: Jun 13 to Aug 10 2016
Daily except Saturdays: 3:00pm – 3:30pm
Saturdays: 5:30pm – 6:00pm
Soak Out After Party
Jun 24 – 25
Jul 1, 2, 8, 9, 15, 16, 22, 29, 30
Aug 5 – 9
6:00pm – 9:00pm
Dance the night away at the After Party, which begins in the evening in front of the New York Public Library. Its facade will be transformed with eye-popping projection mapping displays and the crowds can enjoy the slammin’ electro beats and Top 40 hits by DJ Inquisitive and the band Good Karma.