McDonald’s National Breakfast Day 2014 – the world’s biggest breakfast programme is back with a free Egg McMuffin giveaway and McDonald’s Singapore is aiming to set a national record! In addition, a breakfast application will be launched and “All Day Breakfast” will be served for the first time.
NATIONAL BREAKFAST DAY
McDonald’s “National Breakfast Day” is a regional breakfast initiative across Asia, Middle East and Africa where participating restaurants will each give away 1,000 free Egg McMuffins during breakfast hours on a first-come, first-served basis.
McDonald’s Singapore will be giving away a total of approximately 120,000 Egg McMuffins (for free!!) on Monday, 17 March 2014 (one day only) in its second year of “National Breakfast Day”, with the hope of setting a national record for the “Largest Number of Muffins Given Away”.
– Free Egg McMuffin giveaway will be available from 6am to 11am, while stocks last. For Compass Point and Clifford Centre branches, this will be from 7am to 11am.
– Redemption is based on presentation of valid original coupon. The coupon will only be handed out at the stores on 17 March 2014. Only one redemption per coupon per customer is allowed.
– All except the following stores in Singapore are involved in National Breakfast Day: KKH Hospital, Yew Tee (including Yew Tee Kiosk), Tampines Interchange Kiosk, Lucky Chinatown, Clementi Avenue 3, Changi Airport T2 Transit and Science Centre Singapore.
ALL DAY BREAKFAST
This year, in an effort to get even more customers energised about breakfast, “All Day Breakfast” will offered for the first time and this will be served in 124 restaurants across Singapore from 6am to 6pm on 17 March. McDonald’s Singapore is also looking forward to creating even more breakfast excitement by providing people with fresh surprises they can wake up to every morning with their new McDonald’s Surprise Alarm app.
– The full regular lunch/dinner menu is only available after 6pm.
– Customers can still order some of their all-time favourites such as French Fries, McSpicy, McNuggets, McChicken, McWings, Nacho Cheese/Tangy Filet-O-Fish, Apple Slices and desserts before 6pm. Beef and McGrill burgers will not be available until after 6pm.
– All except the following stores in Singapore are involved in “All Day Breakfast”: Yew Tee (including Yew Tee Kiosk), Tampines Interchange Kiosk and Science Centre Singapore.
– All-Day Breakfast will be available until 7pm at Clifford Centre.
MCDONALD’S SURPRISE ALARM APPLICATION
National Breakfast Day also extends beyond 17 March itself with the launch of the McDonald’s Surprise Alarm App, a free alarm application for iOS and Android to give users another reason to wake up for breakfast. I am so not a morning person and will usually skip breakfast just to get a few extra winks, so maybe this new app will give me enough incentive to go get breakfast! LOL…
The theme of this app is for users to “Wake Up Happy” as you may wake up to find that you’ve won a prize!
First you will need to download the app onto your mobile device from the Apple App Store or Google Play (available for download from 17 March, with surprises to be won from 18 March), check both boxes and tap ‘Begin’.
Access the alarm, surprise wallet, store locator, and settings functions of the app by expanding the menu, sliding in from the left of the screen. To collapse the menu, slide it back to the right.
First time users will need to register via a Facebook account or a valid email address. Do check your inbox for validation email from McDonald’s to complete your registration and unlock the surprise wallet.
When setting an alarm, users can choose from a preferred alarm sound or “Surprise Me”. If the “Surprise Me” option is chosen, ringtones are randomised according to the surprise received.
Multiple alarms can be set throughout the day, and once a day, you will receive a surprise from McDonald’s!
How do you receive your surprise?
When the alarm is turned off, a special McDonald’s surprise will be displayed. Surprises range from Food & Beverage Digital Coupons to music and video downloads.
– All Food & Beverage Digital Coupons will have a stipulated expiry date (displayed on the top right of the coupon) and coupons will be stored into the app’s Surprise Wallet.
– An internet connection is required to experience the app’s Surprise function as well as the randomised ringtone.
– Users will only receive one surprise a day.
Steps to redeem the Food & Beverage Digital Coupons:
• Before redeeming the surprise, first locate your nearest McDonald’s restaurant with the help of the Store Locator function.
• To redeem the surprise, go to the Surprise Wallet to see all the coupons available and tap on “Redeem” to go to redemption screen.
• Only when you are at the McDonald’s counter placing the order, tap the “Redeem Now” button and show the coupon to the restaurant crew.
• The coupon will be registered as “redeemed” within two minutes of tapping the “Redeem Now” button.
– Digital coupons are not available for use at iFly, Resort World Sentosa, and institutional stores.
– Redemption may only be made in-store and at Drive-Thrus, and is not valid at McCafe, via McDelivery, and Dessert Kiosks.
Posing with the app and Mr Evan Kroft, part of the team who produced the app. ^_^
A SNEAK PREVIEW OF NATIONAL BREAKFAST DAY…
We were invited to dinner…err…breakfast…err…anyway, it was dinnertime but we were having McDonald’s breakfast for dinner! This was a hotcakes with sausage meal and it certainly was a preview of the all-day breakfast experience!
A demonstration was then given by Mr Evan Kroft, on how the McDonald’s Surprise Alarm app works and it certainly sounds exciting! Can’t wait to download it!!
The app took about 3 months to be completed and this will be launched on National Breakfast Day. There are plans to keep it in the long run for future promotions.
Bloggers with the friendly bunch of people from McDonald’s. ^_^